LocationRenaissance Charleston Historic District Hotel
68 Wentworth St, Charleston, SC 29401
Venue Map: renaissance_floorplans.pdf
The workshop will commence with a reception/registration at 6pm on Monday, April 29 at the hotel. There will also be registration available throughout the workshop, which will continue for the next two days and will wrap up between 5 and 6pm Wednesday, May 1.
Most BDEC attendees will be flying into Charleston International Airport. Transportation from the airport to the Renaissance Charleston Historic District Hotel is available by taxi cab, car service, or rental car. Travel time from the airport to the hotel should take around 20-30 minutes, depending on traffic.
Taxi cabs are available at the airport, and will cost ~$40 for a one way trip from the airport to the hotel.
Private car services are also available for reservation from two vendors in the area for a fee of ~$35. Reserving a car is a great way to ensure that your ride is waiting for you at the airport. These services must be arranged in advance!
- Dean @ Davis Transportation +1-843-214-0699
- Thomas @ Kamatta Express +1-843-412-5644
Rental cars are also available at the airport, but the hotel is within walking distance to most points of interest, so renting a car may not be necessary. If you do decide to rent a car, the hotel charges $19/day for on-site parking.
- AVIS +1-800-331-1212
- Budget +1-800-527-0700
- Hertz +1-800-654-3131
- National +1-800-227-7368
- Enterprise +1-800-261-7331
Driving Directions to hotel from airport:
- Head west toward Air Park Rd and take a slight left onto Terminal Blvd.
- Travel 0.3 miles. Keep right at the fork and continue onto International Blvd.
- Travel 1.3 miles and turn left onto the I-526 E ramp to Mt Pleasant.
- Merge onto Interstate 526 E. Travel 0.4 miles and take exit 17 for I-26 E toward Charleston.
- Merge onto Interstate 26 E and travel 7.6 miles.
- Take exit 221B on the LEFT for Meeting Street toward Visitor Center.
- Travel 0.3 miles and turn right on Meeting Street.
- Travel 1.1 miles and turn right onto Wentworth Street. Hotel is on the right.